Welcome!

I am happy for your visit looking forward to your comments. All you Holy men and women, pray for us!


Thursday, September 17, 2009

Little Flowers

This past Monday we had our first Little Flowers meeting and it went very well.  The girls were happy to see eachother again and rather excited.  It was wonderful to see the girls all together again.  We started with a prayer to St. Therese:
"O Little Flower of the Child Jesus please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love.  O Little Flower of Jesus, ask God to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands: that our group be successful in learning the virtues.  St. Therese, helpus to always believe as you did in God's great love for me, so that I may imitate your "Little Way" each day.  Amen."
Then the girls decorated their folders and pasted in their prayer.  We had a cupcake rosary snack (idea curtesy of Jessica and others that she mentions on her blog).  The girls loved the cupcake rosary and enjoyed eating quite a few "Hail Mary's"!  The Mom's signed up for the next meetings and I look forward to taking part in their ideas and hospitality. 
The first virtue we are working on is Mercy.  As a result of a Catholic parenting group meeting I decided to work on the LF virtue with each of the children each month.  This is my attempt to instill virtue in each child and I look forward to doing this with them.
Our family has been blessed by being part of the LF group and I expect that to continue, thanks St. Therese for the spring board into getting closer to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment